Marvel Contest of Champions is celebrating the tenth anniversary of the Marvel Cinematic Universe this month with some special events. That also means new characters, and the first one is arriving right now.
Joining the Contest is the Red Skull. He’s a character that traditionally has not been known for his physical fighting – like that has stopped the likes of Howard the Duck or M.O.D.O.K. from entering the game – so Kabam is going to have to work to make us believe the Skull is cut out for this.
Will the Red Skull make a good addition to the Tech class? Lets take a look at his stats.
Base Stats & Abilities
*All stats based on 4-Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99
- Without Signature: 3780
- With Signature (99): 4703
*All stats based on 5-Star, Rank 5, Level 65, Signature Level 200
- Without Signature: 7609
- With Signature (200): 10350
Character Class: Tech
Basic Abilities: Armor, Power Drain, Heal Block, Shock
- Special 1: Transmit Force – Red Skull strikes his opponent before passing through space to quickly catch them off guard with two quick hits.
- Special 2: Harness Power – Manipulating the power of the Cosmic Cube, Red Skull unleashes multiple projectile attacks.
- Special 3: Kneel Before Me! – The opponent is helpless in the presence of such raw power. Red Skull bends them to his will before unleashing the full force of the Cosmic Cube upon them.
- Signature Ability: Cube Affinity – The Cosmic Cube aligns its ambition with Red Skull, providing him additional power when utilized.
I’ve only fought against him so far in this month’s storyline on the Hard map, and he just didn’t fill me with dread. Of course, the hands of a skilled player can make all the difference. So we’ll just have to wait and see as the Red Skull makes his way into the hands of players.