If there’s one thing we can rely on at E3 these last few years, it’s that indie publisher Devolver Digital is going to have a completely off the rails E3 press conference that squeezes more games and blood into 25 minutes than all the other conferences combined. Especially the blood part.
You can check out the full conference above. Here are some of the things the studio announced throughout the tightly-packed show:
- A release date for the side-scrolling action-shooter My Friend Pedro, which is set to release on June 20.
- A cartoonishly vibrant and over-the-top battle-royale game called Fall Guys
- A new game launcher called Devolver Bootleg, which features cheeky rip-offs of existing Devolver games; titles like Hotline Milwaukee and Enter the Gun Dungeon, and Cat Game wil be available on the client. It’s a poke at the increasing number of game launchers populating the market as companies like Epic try to compete with Steam.
- Carrion, a “reverse horror” game where you’re the unspeakable horror hunting down humanity.
- A physical arcade version of Enter the Gungeon called House of the Gundead
- An expansion for The Messenger called Picnic Panic
It was a weird 20-or-so minutes, and you shouldn’t miss it.