This is part of our “Most Anticipated Movies of 2019” series where we take a look at some of the movies we’re most excited to watch in the new year.
Long live the king, indeed. Godzilla is back after his 2014 romp through San Francisco and this time he is going to have much bigger adversaries with King Ghidorah, Mothra and Rodan ready to duke it out with the king of monsters for supremacy over Earth.
That’s not all, there are other rumored kaiju to partake in the movie, which could explain the massive destruction taking place in the trailer. Michael Dougherty is directing the kaiju film that will be the latest entry into the MonsterVerse.
Godzilla: King of Monsters
- Release date: May 31, 2019
- Director: Michael Dougherty
- Cast: Vera Farmiga, Kyle Chandler, Millie Bobby Brown, Sally Hawkins, Ken Watanabe, Charles Dance, O’Shea Jackson Jr.
- Predecessor: Godzilla (2014)
- Sequel: Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)