Game of Thrones season 8 may only consist of six episodes, but there’s going to be longer than you expect.
As we continue to look over every second of that Game of Thrones season 8 trailer, and study all of the Entertainment Weekly Game of Thrones covers for the tiniest details, we now know how long each episode will be. We’re going to start off slow, and then just keep building.
- Episode 1 (April 14): 54 minutes
- Episode 2 (April 21): 58 minutes
- Episode 3 (April 28): One hour, 22 minutes
- Episode 4 (May 5): One hour, 18 minutes
- Episode 5 (May 12): One hour, 20 minutes
- Episode 6/Series finale (May 19): One hour, 20 minutes
As the episodes have traditionally been an hour, this is going to put us at the equivalent of eight episodes.
We’ll take it.
It’s hard to believe the series is finally coming to an end, but at least we know that the prequel series is heading to pilot soon. We just don’t know when we’ll see it.
Game of Thrones season 8 kicks off on April 14 on HBO.