There’s a lot of new Power Rangers material on the way to Netflix, and it includes not only some reunions but some firsts for the franchise as well.
Kicking things off, we finally know when the 30th anniversary special, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Once & Always, will debut. The special episode will premiere on April 19 globally and will feature former Power Rangers such as:
- David Yost as Blue Ranger / Billy Cranston (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, 1993-1996)
- Walter E. Jones as Black Ranger / Zack Taylor (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, 1993-1994)
- Steve Cardenas as Red Ranger / Rocky DeSantos (Mighty Morphin Powers Rangers 1994-1996; Power Rangers Zeo 1996; Power Rangers Turbo 1997)
- Catherine Sutherland as Pink Ranger / Kat Hillard (Mighty Morphin Powers Rangers 1995-1996; Power Rangers Zeo 1996; Power Rangers Turbo 1997)
- Karan Ashley as Yellow Ranger / Aisha Campbell (Mighty Morphin Powers Rangers 1994-1995)
- Johnny Yong Bosch as Black Ranger / Adam Park (Mighty Morphin Powers Rangers 1994-1996, Power Rangers Zeo 1996; Power Rangers Turbo 1997, Power Rangers in Space 1998)
- Barbara Goodson as the voice of Rita Repulsa (Mighty Morphin Powers Rangers 1993-1996, Power Rangers Zeo 1996; Power Rangers Turbo 1997, Power Rangers in Space 1998)
- Richard Horvitz as the voice of Alpha (Mighty Morphin Powers Rangers 1993-1996, Power Rangers Zeo 1996; Power Rangers Turbo 1997, Power Rangers Wild Force 2002)
- Charlie Kersh as Minh, daughter of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Yellow Ranger Trini Kwan
“It was great to work with Walter Jones again. We went through the audition process together and launched the Power Rangers franchise 30 years ago. I am so grateful to the fans of Power Rangers for their undying commitment to the original cast,” said Yost.
Jones added, “It was such a surreal experience to be on the set of Power Rangers again after 28 years!! I was so at home. Can’t wait for the fans to see what they have waited so long for. The ZackMan is back and ready to rock!! Working with David Yost as a Ranger again was amazing! Our Ranger family runs deep!”
And looking to the future, Power Rangers: Cosmic Fury is going to have a few firsts to its name.
For the first time in the history of the franchise, the same cast will go into a third season. The cast of both seasons of Dino Fury will return for Cosmic Fury, but it will also be the first time no Japanese costumes or fight footage will be used.
We now know why that is, as Cosmic Fury will also have the first-ever female Red Ranger. Amelia, Dino Fury Pink Ranger, will take up the mantle of the Red Ranger when they get their new powers. This is the first time in either the U.S. or Japanese series this has happened, so it explains why there is a big change in what footage will be used.
Power Rangers: Cosmic Fury will debut on Netflix in the Fall of 2023.