Marvel Studios has announced multiple film delays that will see some of its upcoming films delayed as much as by a year.
Disney announced several release changes this week, but the most significant ones seem to have hit Marvel Studios. Only one film moved up its release – the highly-anticipated third Deadpool movie – while others were delayed by as much as a year.
- CAPTAIN AMERICA: BRAVE NEW WORLD – Previously dated on 5/3/24 moves to 7/26/24
- THUNDERBOLTS – Previously dated on 7/26/24 moves to 12/20/24
- BLADE – Previously dated on 9/6/24 moves to 2/14/25
- UNTITLED DEADPOOL MOVIE – Previously dated on 11/8/24 moves to 5/3/24
- FANTASTIC FOUR – Previously dated on 2/14/25 moves to 5/2/25
- AVENGERS: THE KANG DYNASTY – Previously dated on 5/2/25 moves to 5/1/26
- AVENGERS: SECRET WARS – Previously dated 5/1/26 is now dated on 5/7/27
Here is the whole schedule as it stands now for the films and the known TV release dates:
- Secret Invasion – 06/21/23
- Loki – 10/06/23
- The Marvels – 11/10/23
- Echo – 11/29/23
- Deadpool 3 – 05/03/24
- Captain America: Brave New World – 07/26/24
- Thunderbolts – 12/20/24
- Blade – 02/14/25
- Fantastic Four – 05/02/25
- Avengers: The Kang Dynasty – 05/01/26
- Avengers: Secret Wars – 05/07/27
There are sure to be several additions to this schedule, but as it stands now. The belief is that several of these delays have been caused by the ongoing Writers Guild of America strike. No work on scripts can be done until the strike ends, and some analysts are saying that may not happen until the end of 2023.