It seems that the Disney release schedule for 2023 isn’t quite as set in stone as we all once thought, as some changes have been made.
This past Jan., Disney released an updated schedule through 2028, but now some new changes have arrived. The Marvels are moving back to later in the year, while Haunted Mansion has moved up slightly.
Disney 2023 Films
- 2/17/23 – Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantimania (Marvel)
- 4/7/23 – Chevalier (Fox Searchlight)
- 5/5/23 – Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (Marvel)
- 5/26/23 – The Little Mermaid (Disney)
- 6/2/23 – The Boogeyman (Fox)
- 6/16/23 – Elemental (Disney)
- 6/30/23 – Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (Disney)
- 7/28/23 – Haunted Mansion (Disney) – Formerly Aug. 118
- 9/15/23 – A Haunting in Venice (Marvel)
- 9/22/23 – Next Goal Wins (Fox Searchlight)
- 10/6/23 – True Love (Fox)
- 7/28/23 – The Marvels (Disney) – Formerly July 28
- 11/22/23 – Wish (Disney)
- 12/1/23 – Untitled Disney (Disney)
It looks as though not only will things change for the films however. Following the return of Bob Iger as the CEO of the company, it seems that he is looking to slow down the release of output on Disney Plus. This year alone was supposed to see the releases of Echo, What If…? season 2, Ironheart, Secret Invastion, and Loki season 2. It now looks as though only Secret Invastion and Loki season 2 will actually be released.
Considering how fans came out of 2022 feeling like perhaps we had seen just a bit too much MCU, these may not be the worst of plans for the brand.