by September 21, 2022September 21, 2022 8:30 am EDT|
Disney Plus and Hulu are going all out this Halloween season with tons of original programming.
Halloween is just over a month away, but that doesn’t mean we can’t start celebrating. Hulu is launching its annual Huluween celebration, and Disney Plus is going deep with seven new originals, including Hocus Pocus 2 and Marvel’s first special, Werewolf By Night.
Disney Plus Halloween Programming
- 9/21: Super/Natural (Original Series Premiere)
- 9/30: Hocus Pocus 2 (Original Movie Premiere)
- 9/30: The Nightmare Before Christmas Sing-Along
- 9/30: Under Wraps 2
- 10/7: Marvel Studios’ Werewolf by Night (Original Special Premiere)
- 10/14: Into the Woods Sing-Along
- 10/31: Dancing with the Stars: “Halloween Night”
- Hocus Pocus
- The Night Before Christmas
- Just Beyond
- Muppets Haunted Mansion
- Toy Story of Terror!
- Growing Fangs
- Zombies: Addison’s Moonstone Mystery
- Trick or Treat
- Zombies 3
- LEGO Star Wars Terrifying Tales
- The Simpsons Treehouse of Terror I – XXXII
- Once Upon a Time
- Secrets of Sulpher Springs
- Cars on the Road: “Lights Out” (S1 E2)
- Marvel Studios’ What If…?: “What If… Zombies?!” (S1 E5)
- Marvel Studios’ WandaVision: “All-New Halloween Spooktactular!”” (S1 E6)
- grown-ish: “Age Ain’t Nothing But A Number” (S3 E8)
- Glee: “The Rocky Horror Glee Show” (S2 E5)
- Kim Possible: “October 31st” (S1 E14)
Huluween 2022 Schedule
- Huluween Dragstravaganza Variety Show (October 1) – Two world-famous drag superstars, Ginger Minj and Monét X Change, are trapped in the TV – and the only way out is to host a hilarious variety show. Our drag hosts and a troupe of queens and kings – including Mo Heart, Jujubee, Manila Luzon, Lady Bunny, Jackie Beat, Selene Luna, Landon Cider, Mario Diaz – take the stage in original musical numbers, sketch comedy, and more. With a special A-list musical guest and surprise cameos to delight horror fans, this is going to be a Huluween Dragstravaganza to remember.
- A Sinister Halloween Scary Opposites Solar Special (Hulu Original, October 3) – Sometimes alien life can be spooky. The Solar Opposites do a Halloween Special!
- SurrealEstate: Complete Season 1 (Hulu Original, October 6) – Realtor Luke Roman and an elite team of specialists handle the cases that no one else can: haunted and possessed houses that literally scare would-be buyers away.
- Hellraiser (Hulu Original Film, October 7) – A new take on Clive Barker’s 1987 horror classic in which a young woman struggling with addiction comes into possession of an ancient puzzle box, unaware that its purpose is to summon the Cenobites, a group of sadistic supernatural beings from another dimension. The ensemble cast includes Odessa A’zion (Grand Army), Jamie Clayton (The L Word: Generation Q, Sense8), Adam Faison (Everything’s Gonna Be Okay, Yes Day), Drew Starkey (Outer Banks, The Devil All the Time), Brandon Flynn (Ratched, 13 Reasons Why), Aoife Hinds (The Long Call, Normal People), Jason Liles (Stereoscope, Rampage), Yinka Olorunnife (The Transporter), Selina Lo (Boss Level, Q8 Unleashed), Zachary Hing (Halo), Kit Clarke (Leonardo), with Goran Visnjic (The Boys, Timeless) and Hiam Abbass (Succession, Blade Runner 2049).
- Grimcutty (Hulu Original Film, October 10) – In this modern creature feature, a scary internet meme called Grimcutty stirs up panic amongst all the parents in town, convinced it’s making their kids harm themselves and others. When a real-life version of Grimcutty starts attacking teen Asha Chaudry (Sara Wolfkind), her parents believe that she’s cutting herself as part of a challenge. With her phone taken away and no one who believes her, Asha has to figure out how to get through to her parents and stop the Grimcutty once and for all. Grimcutty is written and directed by John William Ross and stars Shannyn Sossamon (Wayward Pines, Sleepy Hollow), Usman Ally (A Series of Unfortunate Events, Veep), Alona Tal (Seal Team), and newcomer Sara Wolfkind.
- The Paloni Show! Halloween Special! (Hulu Original, October 17) – From creator Justin Roiland (Solar Opposites, Rick and Morty), The Paloni Show! Halloween Special! premieres October 17, 2022 on Hulu. In this special, Leroy, Reggie, and Cheruce Paloni have been given the opportunity of a lifetime to be the hosts of an unforgettable Halloween Special full of “spooky” shorts from a group of up-and-coming animators. The Paloni Show! Halloween Special!, executive produced by Roiland and Ben Bayouth, comes from 20th Television Animation.
- Abandoned (Hulu, October 21) – Directed by Spencer Squire, Abandoned follows Sara (Emma Roberts), her husband Alex (John Gallagher Jr.), and their infant son as they move into a new home, which harbors a dark, tragic past. As their home’s history is revealed, the mother’s postpartum depression escalates to a state of psychosis that jeopardizes her own safety and that of her newborn son.
- Matriarch (Hulu Original Film, October 21) – After an overdose nearly takes her life, Laura Birch (Jemima Rooper, The Girlfriend Experience, Flowers in the Attic: The Origin) escapes from the high-stakes pressure of the advertising world to return to her roots. Accepting an invitation home from her estranged mother (Kate Dickie, Game of Thrones, The Green Knight), Laura hopes the time away in the secluded English village will help calm the demons raging inside of her. She soon discovers that the locals of the town are all protecting an unspeakably dark secret—a secret that involves not only her mother but her own terrifying destiny as well. Matriarch is from writer/director Ben Steiner and is a thematic successor to Steiner’s 2018 20th Digital short Urn. The film also stars Sarah Paul, Franc Ashman, and Keith David Bartlett.