No one likes clutter around their television, and that’s a tough spot for a company that builds a set-top box just for streaming. Roku knows this, and it has come up with a rather creative solution.
Roku announced the new Roku Smart Soundbar on Wednesday that combines a soundbar with a Roku streaming device for just $179.99.
Features you can look forward to including four drivers that will give you features such as “automatic volume leveling” that will assist in taking care of loud commercials. You will find a night mode that lower loud scenes while raising dialog. And that will also be assisted by Speech Clarity that will allow you to enjoy crisp, clear, dialog.
The Roku Smart Soundbar, overall, offers a lot for the price.
- Roku Connect: A wireless protocol that seamlessly connects the Roku ecosystem
- Dolby Audio: Delivers rich, clear, powerful sound
- Bluetooth: Listen to your favorite music, podcasts, and more from popular streaming channels or Bluetooth compatible devices
- HDMI ARC or Optical Support: Connect the Roku Smart Soundbar to a TV with a single cable via HDMI ARC or use HDMI and Optical
- Roku Search: Fast and easy cross-channel search offers results ranked by price
- Roku Voice: Makes it easy to launch streaming channels, search for entertainment, replay, turn closed captions on and off and more through the Roku Voice Remote
- Voice Assistant Compatibility: The Roku Smart Soundbar works with Google Assistant and is compatible with Amazon Alexa-enabled devices
- Roku Voice remote: The point-anywhere remote features channel shortcut buttons and TV on/off buttons
You can also pair the soundbar with the upcoming Roku Wireless Subwoofer that will also sell for $179.99.
All of the regular Roku streaming features will be included such as 4K support, Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa support, and thousands of apps.
Both the Roku Smart Soundbar and the Roku Wireless Subwoofer are up for preorder now, and will have general availability in October.