Januaryis upon us, and that means it’s time for Shudder to get a new selection of streaming material for users to enjoy.
Check out the complete list of the official Shudder additions for January 2024.
- Prince of Darkness – John Carpenter directs this terrifying film about a group of graduate students and scientists who unknowingly unleash the most unspeakable of evils, Satan, on an unsuspecting world.
- The Thing – A research team in Antarctica is hunted by a shape-shifting alien that assumes the appearance of its victims.
- Donnie Darko – After narrowly escaping a bizarre accident, a troubled teenager is plagued by visions of a man in a large rabbit suit who manipulates him to commit a series of crimes.
- Prom Night – Donna’s senior prom is supposed to be the best night of her life, though a sadistic killer from her past has different plans for her and her friends.
- Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night II – Thirty years after her accidental death at her 1957 senior prom, the tortured spirit of prom queen Mary Lou Maloney returns to seek revenge.
- THE BOULET BROTHERS’ DRAGULA SEASON 5 – New Episode January 9; Season Finale on January 16 (Available in US, CA, UKI, ANZ)
Horror’s new icons The Boulet Brothers are on the hunt to find the world’s next drag monster superstar in this brand new, star-studded fifth season of their hit reality competition show.
With new competitors, their challenges, special effects makeup, costumes, and performances, it promises to be truly terrifying and out-of-this-world.
- DESTROY ALL NEIGHBORS – Streaming On Shudder January 12 (Available in US, CA, UKI, ANZ) – William Brown, a neurotic, self-absorbed musician determined to finish his prog-rock magnum opus, faces a creative roadblock in the form of a noisy and grotesque neighbor named Vlad. Finally working up the nerve to demand that Vlad keep it down, William inadvertently decapitates him.But, while attempting to cover up one murder, William’s accidental reign of terror causes victims to pile up and become undead corpses who torment and create more bloody detours on his road to prog-rock Valhalla.
“Destroy All Neighbors” is a twisted splatter-comedy about a deranged journey of self-discovery full of goopy practical FX, a well-known ensemble cast, and LOTS of blood. The film was directed by Josh Forbes.
- Blue Eyes of the Broken Doll – An ex-convict, troubled by dreams that he strangles women, is hired as the caretaker on an estate owned by three very strange sisters.
- Galaxy of Terror – Neurotic astronauts face a giant worm and other monsters on a distant planet.
- The Elderly – An octogenarian enters into a state of dementia after the sudden suicide of his wife, sparking a series of paranormal events that will put his family’s lives at risk.
- The Passenger – Randy is perfectly content to fade into the background, but when one of his co-workers goes on a sudden and violent rampage, he must face his fears and confront his troubled past to survive.
- Preacher – From Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg, the supernatural adventure series follows a preacher who enlists the help of a vampire and his ex to find God. Starring Dominic Cooper and Ruth Negga, based on the graphic novel series created by Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon and published by DC Comics’ Vertigo imprint.
- The Origin of Evil – Acclaimed French-language thriller follows a woman who gets sucked into a world of secrets and betrayal as the battle over her estranged father’s massive estate reveals he’s more than a genial patriarch. Starring Laure Calamy, Doria Tillier and Dominique Blanc.
- Dogs – After several city residents are bitten by dogs, a young doctor tries to stop the violence.
- Ils (Them) – Lucas and Clementine live peacefully in their isolated country house, but one night, they wake up to a strange noise. They’re not alone, and a group of hooded assailants begin to terrorize them throughout the night.
- Villains – After a pair of amateur criminals break into a suburban home, they stumble upon a dark secret that two sadistic homeowners will do anything to keep from getting out.
- Suitable Flesh – (Shudder Original, available in CA, UKI, ANZ and US) – Psychiatrist Elizabeth Derby becomes obsessed with helping a young patient who’s suffering from extreme personality disorder. However, it soon leads her into occult danger as she tries to escape from a horrific fate. Starring Heather Graham (Boogie Nights) and Barbara Crampton (Superhost)..